Monday 16 August 2010

Temptation

After managing nearly a whole summer with no (ok, maybe just a tiny little bite) of ice cream I gave in and ate a whole scoop of real dairy, lactose included sticky toffee ice cream.

The first mouthful nearly made me collapse! I actually went weak at the knees from the texture of the ice cream melting on my tongue and the taste of the milk and toffee. I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of the scoop, pretty much cramming it in to get as much as possible in before I started to feel the effects. Unfortunately, knowing that I was going to feel sick as a result of eating ice cream made me not enjoy the last half so much, and may have exacerbated the symptoms with a touch of indigestion alongside lactose intolerance.

Needless to say I felt bloated and sick after eating the ice cream and had to change my top as I looked so pregnant from the gas and bloating that it was getting embarrassing!

Next time I'll just stick to a couple of bites from someone else's ice cream, or better yet a sorbet! All this in the same weekend I found dairy free raspberry and dark chocolate bars (Jameson's Raspberry Ruffles - coconut and raspberry covered in dark chocolate - YUM!).

No comments:

Post a Comment